Lincoln MKX - Extending Its Gears!

Thursday, June 28, 2012 | comments

I like this car, along with its Edge sibling from Ford Fusion. The updated nav-radio-heater interface takes a bit of time to sort out. But once you know where all of the buttons are and what they do, not to mention what can be found on the touch screen and doesn't have a button at all, the car is just fine. Sometimes I think in trying to offer so many options, they sometimes gum up the entire operation, and I would rate this one as being very close to overload. And I'm not really sure I'd opt for the upgraded Lincoln here, especially at 47 large. The Edge SEL can be had for about $10,000 less. I liked this car, and the sticker at $47K is quite honestly less than I expected, a rarity these days. I even like the new Lincoln front end (perhaps another rarity). Lincoln needed a defining design element, and the front ends on its cars and trucks accomplish that.

The truck drives well for the most part, with enough guts from the V6 and a nice, smooth transmission. The suspension strikes a decent balance between ride and handling (more toward the soft side) considering the weight you're hauling around. The interior materials are first-rate, and I love the center stack and its clean look. Of course, the reason it's clean is the MyLincoln Touch, and its radio, climate and navigation controls all use touch-sensitive buttons. They can, as Hart notes above, take some getting used to. I was annoyed at times, but I assume that would lessen over time. Overall, I think this is a fine alternative to a Lexus RX 350 or a Cadillac SRX. I'll say this: I'd take this all day over the last BMW X3 I drove. This blows that away.

Other topic: Ford Antenna
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Automotive Blog - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger